To receive is to welcome your achievements or the tools used for constructing it. We learnt in the book of proverbs that by wisdom, God’s perception of how the heaven and earth should be became real (Prov. 3:19). If you believe this it means a lack of wisdom will cause an inability to receive what you perceive or even the tools you need to use for creating such a success. How and what do you need to do to receive those success arching equipments? Follow the steps bellow:
- Receive by asking: “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him” (James 1:5). By wisdom, God created the world and He is saying in His word that He gives liberally to people who ask for such wisdom. You too can gain that wisdom for making your dreams get established, but you need to ask and believe in what you ask (James 1:6).
- Receive by giving: There is blessing in giving out than receiving, we know that. The blessing is what you receive when you give your best out and this blessing is able to convert your potentialities in no time. Give yourself for your dreams, offer freely to those in need, and give out by your talents, time, and commitment to someone’s needs. This multiplies your personal experience and helps you conquer greed, putting you at a high level of kindness. Kindness is defined by one philosopher is an attitude of giving out only when it is possible. Well then, it’s always possible, therefore give always.
- Receive by desiring: James Allen said “to desire is to obtain, to aspire is to achieve”. Desiring means to develop a true love for what you perceive. Desiring gains its strong roots from the belief for what you desire. If you ask what you desire, there is no doubt that you will receive it only if you ask in faith. But be sure it’s a positive thing you desire since evil desires also spring up from the heart. If you desire evil things in your mind, am sure your brain is not a good one.
- Receive by paying: When you get into a store to buy a product, you can only have this product parceled for you to take home provide you pay duly for it. And remember you must pay fully in the expected currency before you claim a full ownership over this product. Your dreams are yours and it therefore means, if it becomes real, you must gain this full ownership over it. You therefore need to pay with in the coins of commitment, time management and personal sacrifice. To have success to celebrate must be committed, determined, hardworking and confident to conquer all fears.
- Receive by acting: “Your ability needs your responsibility to expose its possibilities. Do what you can do with what you have now” (Theodore Roosevelt). This implies, you are responsible for working out what to dream about. This is an effort required of you, the dreamer. Denis Waitly confirmed it by telling us that “the result you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply”. Meaning the less the effort, the less the realities obtained from such a possibility. “Success is focusing the full power of all you are on what you have the burning desire to achieve” and by this Wilfred Peterson is just trying to inform us that desiring does not end the success process. Action is hard work, contrary to laziness,. Laziness is melancholy and unwillingness to work. “Do not love sleep, lest you come to poverty; open your eyes and you will be satisfied with bread” (Prov. 20:18). This scripture tells that we can’t receive by being idle; poverty and prosperity are created by our own unwillingness and willingness respectively.
- Receive by being positive: Develop positive attitudes towards your possibilities and you will erect positive realities. It’s real because what you reap now is the result of what you have sown earlier. Positive yields positive, no argument. Why don’t some people achieve what they perceived, desired and asked? It’s because they were not positive in the purpose of their choice of attainment. “You ask and do not receive because you ask amiss, that you should spend it on your pleasures” (James 4:2). Don’t ask for selfish reasons. Let your desires please your God and you will receive because you “ask what …is of Him” (1st John 5:15). Solomon despite later relegated into a state of Apostasy, he was positive by asking God for wisdom to lead the nation of Israel. He did not ask for pleasure, treasure or leisure but for wisdom and pleased God with his request. By wisdom, God established the heaven and earth (Prov. 3:19). Seek first positivity and all successes shall follow you.